Tasigna 200mg is a prescription drug and has a salt composition of Nilotinib 200mg. It is given to persons whose leukemia hasn’t responded to conventional treatments or who are unable to take them because of negative effects. It is a cancer drug that stops cancer cells from growing and spreading in the body.
Tasigna is a drug that is used to treat Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in adults and children over the age of one year.
Adult Dosage for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia:Philadelphia Chromosome Positive Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (Ph+ CML):
- The patients who are newly diagnosed in the Chronic Phase need to take 300 mg orally twice a day, at 12 hours gap.
- The patients who are Resistant or Intolerant in Chronic Phase and Accelerated Phase are given a dose of 400 mg orally twice a day, with a minimum gap of 12 hours.
How to take Tasigna 200mg?
The medicine is to be taken with 12 hours of interval. Follow the instructions on the label carefully. Do not take more or less than required or for longer durations. The medication should be taken on an empty stomach, with a glass full of water. Do not take the drug with food as food can increase blood levels of nilotinib which can cause adverse side effects. Do not eat food for at least 2 hours before taking the medicine and after 1 hour of consuming it.
Swallow the whole capsule and if you are unable to take the whole capsule, empty the contents of the capsule and mix it with a teaspoon of applesauce. The mixture should be consumed immediately, do not leave it for more than 15 minutes. Do the treatment as told by your doctor, and don’t stop suddenly as it is a long-term treatment.Tasigna lowers your blood cells which helps you in fighting infections. So, you may need to take regular blood tests.
Tasigna side effects
Signs of an allergic reaction to Tasigna:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen face, lips, tongue, or throat
If you notice symptoms of a serious heart problem, seek medical help right away. Symptoms such as:
- fast or pounding heartbeat
- sudden dizziness (as if you’re about to pass out)
Common Tasigna side effects
- constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- rash, hair loss (temporary)
- sweating at night
- aches and pains in the bones, spine, joints, and muscles
- headache, exhaustion or
- Running nose, sneezing, coughing, and a sore throat
Serious Tasigna side effects
- There is also a possibility of unusual bleeding (bruises, blood in your urine) while taking Tasigna 200mg.
- Swelling, rapid weight gain, fainting, and shortness of breath
- Headache, disorientation, vision issues, and dizziness are all symptoms of brain hemorrhage
- Symptoms of liver or pancreas problems: upper stomach pain (which may radiate to your back), nausea or vomiting, black urine, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Fever, chills, night sweats, mouth sores, pale complexion, and unusual weakness are all symptoms of low blood cell counts.
- Leg pain or a cold feeling, chest pain, numbness, difficulty walking, or speech issues are all indicators of reduced blood flow; or
- Confusion, weakness, muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting, fast or slow heart rate are all indications of tumor cell disintegration.
If you experience any of the symptoms above, contact your doctor immediately.
What to avoid while taking Tasigna 200 mg?
Nilotinib may interact with grapefruit and grapefruit juice, causing undesirable side effects. When taking Tasigna, stay away from grapefruit products.
Take Tasigna 10 hours before or 2 hours after taking a stomach acid reducer (such as Pepcid, Tagamet, or Zantac).
Avoid consuming aluminum, magnesium, or simethicone-containing antacids (such as Di-Gel, Gaviscon, Milk of Magnesia, or Rolaids) within 2 hours before or after taking Tasigna.
If you are taking any other medications with Tasigna, consult your doctor as Tasigna can cause serious heart problems.
Is Tasigna a chemotherapy medication?
Tasigna is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, which means it’s an oral targeted medicine (TKI). Although it is not a typical chemotherapy (“chemo”) treatment, it is used to kill cancer cells. Targeted medication therapies target and kill specific cancer cells while causing less harm to healthy cells.
Why do doctors prescribe Tasigna 200 mg to treat blood cancer?
Doctors prescribe Tasigna 200 mg to patients having blood cancer (leukemia) because it kills or stops the growth of cancer cells and their multiplication is also prevented. It is recommended to those patients who don’t respond to other leukemia medications. You can buy Tasigna 200 mg online from multiple online sites.
How to safely procure Tasigna 200mg tablets online?
You can order tasigna 200 mg pills online from various online pharmacies. Just go to the website, select the medicine, upload the prescription, and pay COD for nilotinib. Inform your doctor that you are about to buy nilotinib online as it is a prescription drug and do not buy tasigna without prescription.